NASW Mississippi Legislative Agenda 2020
Adopted August 24, 2019 NASW MS Board of Directors
- Maintain our Social Work licensure with current language in the law.
- Oppose changes in composition of the MS Board of Examiners for Social Workers and Marriage & Family Therapists.
- Support continuation of the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid expansion to meet the healthcare needs of the people in Mississippi.
- Support adequate funding for all services that affect the well being of at risk population and increase funding where cuts were made to appropriate levels, ensuring proper, effective service delivery.
- NASW, MS acknowledges the current flag creates division among large number of Mississippians, we support a new state flag that reflects the MS of today.
- Change the wording of the state law to absolutely require full funding of the Mississippi Adequate Education Program (MAEP), using language that the MS Supreme Court could use for ruling.
- Support student loan forgiveness programs for social workers entering public service.
* NASW MS Advocacy Day at the MS State Capitol was held February 27, 2020